This week at Bungie, we crack open the Vault of Glass.
We’re a little over a week into Season of the Splicer. Things have been a little crazy, so to speak. The Vex have cast the Last City into an endless night, and the Vanguard need your help. We’ve found our first clues on Europa thanks to the aid of Mithrax, but have more networks to crash. Now, Guardians are flying to the Moon for another crack at the code.
As you take on the Vex and their simulations, fresh loot has been up for grabs. Gridskipper and Chroma Rush have been ripping the Vex to shreds in Override. Lord Saladin has some new tools of destruction for you to earn in the Iron Banner. Hung Jury is up to bat as a Nightfall reward this week, and we’ve already seen numerous Guardians exploding their foes with Firefly rolls.
It’s been a fun start, but we have more on the way, and it’s almost time to crack open the Vault of Glass.
Vault of Glass: Prepare to Start
Saturday is nearly upon us. On May 22 at 10 AM PDT, Guardians will venture forth to Venus to take on the Vault of Glass. Contest Mode will be active, and we have a few rewards for those brave enough to enter.
Vault of Glass World First Title
As shown back in April, we have a new title belt for players to earn. Here’s a quick recap on the rules of engagement:
- Vault of Glass will launch with Contest Mode enabled for 24 hours, starting at 10:00 AM Pacific on Saturday, May 22.
- You will need to be at 1300 Power to be at the cap for all of the encounters.
- Clearing the raid with Contest Mode active is the first step to access the new Challenge Mode in the Director.
- Completing each encounter in this newly unlocked Challenge Mode, while also finishing a curated list of Triumphs will be how a fireteam crosses the World First finish line.
- To remove the guesswork, in the Challenge Mode, your team will wipe if you fail the conditions of the Triumph during the encounter.
Before we move along, there is one more thing: The Hunter Exotic “Star-Eater Scales” will be disabled for the first 24 hours of Vault of Glass being live. The team has discovered an issue where some abilities were being granted a bit more damage than intended. We don’t want Hunters to take this race like they did Guardian Games, so we’ll be putting this exotic on a short time out. Plan ahead, and make sure you have another pair of pants infused to appropriate power levels before heading in to the raid.
Claim your reward code by June 30, 2021 9:59 AM PDT and make your purchase by June 30, 2021 11:59 PM PDT, or your spoils will be forever lost to time.
Claim your reward code by June 30, 2021 9:59 AM PDT and make your purchase by June 30, 2021 11:59 PM PDT, or you might be caught out in the raid without the proper gear.
Of course, there will be Legendary loot for you to earn in the game. We’ll leave those items for you to uncover as you make your way down into the Vault.
Cross Play – How About a Beta?
In the early hours of Season of the Splicer, a few of you got your first unfiltered taste of Cross Play. Even though this was caused by a bug, we saw players mingling between platforms, which was awesome! That said, we needed to smash that bug like a subscribe button to get our release back on track. While our current goal is for Cross Play to ship in Season 15, we have a list of things to do before it’s ready, one of which is a Beta starting early next week.
Yes, you read that right! You are formally invited to the Destiny 2 Cross Play Beta. This will serve as a short, sweet, and important moment in the development of this feature.
From May 25 through May 27, a unique Vanguard Strikes Cross Play Beta playlist will be available to all players in Destiny 2. You’ll be matchmade with Guardians playing on PlayStation, Xbox, Steam and Stadia. As you fight through the enemy waves of Darkness, our teams will be scouring data and preforming a multitude of actions to test the integrity of our upcoming Cross Play system.
As a token of our appreciation for your time, any players who complete three strikes in the Vanguard Strikes Cross Play Beta playlist will be rewarded with the unique “Stars Crossed” emblem.
Now, before you ask, the Cross Play Beta will be restricted to this matchmade activity. You won’t be able to form a fireteam just yet and you won’t be able to send invites to friends. We’re specifically targeting our matchmaking systems as we prep this feature for next Season.
Many thanks in advance. We’re incredibly excited for Cross Play and the bright future this feature will bring by uniting Guardians from around the world, no matter which platform they play on.
Primed and Ready
- The Vigilance Wing Exotic Pulse Rifle
- Book of the Dead Exotic Ornament
- Ravager’s Ride Exotic Sparrow
- House of Light Legendary Ghost Projection
These last nine days have been jammed with investigations and bug fixes. Truth be told, we’re proud to say that we’ve had some of the fastest turnarounds we’ve ever seen. It’s a testament to the strength of our team, and improvements we’ve made to our patch pipelines over the years. All said and done, we’ve knocked down many high priority issues, but we’re still working on a few. Player Support is here with a quick update.
This is their report.
Hotfix 184.108.40.206 will go live next Tuesday, May 25, at the daily reset. Maintenance windows and expected downtime can be viewed here once they are made available.
Here is a sampling of the list of the issues being addressed:
- Completing 8 bounties for the Splicer Servitor weekly Challenge will correctly reward Pinnacle gear.
- Energy Accelerant no longer increases damage against players. Additionally, Energy Accelerant no longer increases the base damage of Symmetry, Telesto, Black Talon, and Deathbringer.
- Fixed an issue where the exotic catalyst for sidearm “Cryosthesia 77K” was incorrectly accruing progress through energy slot weapon kills.
- The Presage activity will now reward Pinnacle gear as intended.
VAULT OF GLASS WORLD FIRST
Fireteams who wish to compete in the World First race for the Vault of Glass raid will be able to do so when the raid launches on May 22, 2021, at 10 AM PDT (1700 UTC).
The first Fireteam of 6 to complete the Vault of Glass raid, then complete the Vault of Glass Challenge Mode and claim the Tempo's Edge Triumph will be declared World First by Bungie from @Bungie on Twitter after verification from our analytics team.
If a Fireteam cycled through different members during their attempt, the final 6 remaining upon the completion of the final encounter of the Challenge Mode activity where at least one member of the Fireteam claims the Tempo's Edge Triumph will be declared the winners and be awarded raid World First title belts.
The Fireteam must loot the final chest before returning to Orbit and claim the Triumph or their finish may not be recorded. A team's official finish will be recorded when they return to Orbit.
- Cyrillic characters are not appearing properly.
- Some universal ornaments may incorrectly display a number on the ornament in the Appearance screen.
- Completing 8 bounties for the Splicer Servitor weekly Challenge is incorrectly rewarding Powerful Gear, not Pinnacle Gear.
- The Titan Guardian Games Contender Plate chest piece does not appear in the Preview and Appearance Customization screens.
- Some seasonal emblems from Season of the Splicer are missing their associated stat trackers.
- Shaders that came pre-built on armors, such as Iron Banner shaders, appear before the Default option in the Appearance Customization menu.
- The “/join” command is not functioning properly for players on Steam.
- The Empty Tank lost sector is rewarding helmet exotics when leg exotics are advertised.
- Silver buckles from various Warlock armor ornaments are missing.
- A white pixelated bar may appear over the game mode banner in the Crucible intro screen.
Right Out of My Childhood
This week’s selections really hit me right in the nostalgia. I had quite a few coworkers send these to me as well, ranting and raving about how special they were. Without further ado, here are some amazing videos from our community:
Movie of the Week: Fallen Babies
Movie of the Week: Destiny – The Last Guardians
A Song of Splice and Fire
Winners for Art of the Week have a similar story to Movie of the Week. A good friend and coworker sent the following pieces my way, asking if selections for the week were closed. Thankfully, I had just started browsing the #DestinyArt and #Destiny2Art hashtags on Twitter!
Art of the Week: O V E R R I D E
Art of the Week: The Iron Lady
While we take a moment in each TWAB to celebrate the artists in our community, tons of Bungie employees follow the Destiny conversation online. We share your pieces frequently, often with phrases like “Holy [REDACTED], this is [REDACTED] excellent!” So, even if you haven’'t won yet, thank you for continuing to wow us with your boundless creativity.
How many times do we have to teach you this lesson, Atheon? It seems this machine god is stuck in a causal loop within the activity, suggesting that Destiny 2 somehow binds space and time into a causal loop within the activity, suggesting that…
See you on Saturday, bright and early.
This article was originally published on: http://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/50373